KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! END HIV STIGMA!
You can make a difference in stopping HIV stigma by learning more about HIV and sharing that knowledge with others. You can do this in person or on social media. All that matters is that you take action.
Create your own social media posts about HIV and HIV stigma to help start conversations among your friends, family, and followers!
Tips and ideas to help you get started in creating your social media posts:
- Remember to keep it positive, show empathy and tune in to comments on your posts.
- Listen and respond thoughtfully to what others have to say, or questions they may have.
- Use #StopHIVStigma or #StopHIVTogether in your posts.
- Link to Let’s Stop HIV Together website pages or social media accounts in your posts.
- Double-check statements before posting to make sure they are based on facts.
- Share how HIV has touched your life.
Share these sample social media posts!
- Small gestures go a long way to help end HIV stigma. A handshake or hug can say “you matter, not your HIV status.” #StopHIVStigma
- An HIV stigma-free future for everyone can begin with family. When’s the last time you’ve talked about HIV at home? #StopHIVTogether
- A welcoming community can make such a difference for someone with HIV. What are ways we can all build support today? #StopHIVStigma
- I’m planning to get tested for HIV soon. When’s the last time you got tested, and what was your experience like? #StopHIVTogether